Easy Meatloaf Recipe2013-05-04
Average Member Rating
(1.8 / 5)
4 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat74
This is a basic easy meatloaf recipe, delicious, and one of the best meatloaf recipes you will find.
Meatloaf is one of everyone’s favorite comfort food recipes and this one won’t disappoint.
You’ll want leftovers. They are great sliced into a sandwich.
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs or small bread cubes(fresh bread crumbs or cubes are ideal but use dried if that is what you have)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground beef or veal
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 carrot, finely shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 350°.
Soften the bread crumbs in the milk for a few minutes, then pour off the excess milk.
Combine the 3 meats and mix well. Add all other ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
Place in large loaf pan, 2 smaller loaf pans or shape into loaf shape and bake on flat baking pan.
Bake for 1 hour at 350° or until browned and fully cooked inside.
- You can use all beef, but the pork and veal combination with the beef add extra flavour and tenderness. All are great protein foods.
- Top with 1/2 cup tomato sauce or ketchup for added flavor. Or kick it up a bit with some salsa.
Did You Know?…
Don’t you just love two for one deals?
A sandwich made with leftover meatloaf and a little butter and mustard is one of my favorite lunch treats.
Lean ground beef is a wonderful protein food and turns this into a pretty healthy recipe.
If you want to create a very low fat meat loaf, in addition to the lean ground meat, use a double loaf pan, such as the one shown below.
It drains the fat off the meat loaf as it cooks and keeps it away from the meat.