This is a basic easy meatloaf recipe, delicious, and one of the best meatloaf recipes you will find.
Meatloaf is one of everyone’s favorite comfort food recipes and this one won’t disappoint.
You’ll want leftovers. They are great sliced into a sandwich.
A sandwich made with leftover meatloaf and a little butter and mustard is one of my favorite lunch treats. Don’t you just love two for one meals?
Lean ground beef is a wonderful protein food and turns this into a pretty healthy recipe.
If you want to create a very low fat meat loaf, in addition to the lean ground meat, use a double loaf pan. It drains the fat off the meat loaf as it cooks and keeps it away from the meat.
Fresh bread crumbs or cubes are ideal for this recipe but use dried if that is what you have. It will be fine.
Easy Meatloaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, or small bread cubes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground veal, or more ground beef
- 1 onion, small, chopped finely
- 1 carrot, finely shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, or 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 eggs, large, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Soften the bread crumbs in the milk for a few minutes, then pour off the excess milk.
- Combine the 3 meats and mix well. Add all other ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place in large loaf pan, 2 smaller loaf pans or shape into loaf shape and bake on flat baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350° or until browned and fully cooked inside.
- You can use all beef, but the pork and veal combination with the beef add extra flavour and tenderness. All are great protein foods.
- Top with 1/2 cup tomato sauce or ketchup for added flavor. Or kick it up a bit with some salsa.
Meatloaf is a pretty good diabetic recipe. Although it contains some bread crumbs, the rest of the ingredients are quite low in carbs.
If you like this recipe, please take a moment to share it on your favorite social media. Thanks a lot.