Grapefruit and Avocado Salad Recipe2013-04-20
Average Member Rating
(4.8 / 5)
6 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 35m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat229
This is a lovely and light fruit and avocado salad recipe.
It is a mix of fresh grapefruit and canned mandarin oranges with a lovely creamy dressing, served in a half avocado.
Light, healthy and nutritious – can’t beat that.
- 3 grapefruit, peeled, seeded, sectioned and drained
- 11 ounces canned mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 medium avocados, halved and seeded
- lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (can use light if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (light if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper or red
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 teaspoon onion salt
Combine the grapefruit sections and mandarin oranges. Set aside. Brush the avocado halves with lemon juice. Spoon the fruit mixture into the avocado cavities. Top with creamy dressing.
Combine all ingredients and mix well. Chill 1-2 hours.
Sprinkle paprika over the finished salad.
- How do you serve an avocado salad, in the skin or out of it? I prefer to take the skin off. I find that when avocados are really ripe they can begin to get small black spots near the skin. I want to make sure any of those spots are removed before eating the avocado. So I remove the skin and make sure the entire half is brushed with lemon juice to prevent it from darkening.
- Make it a meal. Add cooked shrimp or chopped cooked chicken to the salad.
Did You Know?…
The dressing is a mix of mayonnaise and sour cream with celery and green or red peppers for color and crunch.
Use the light versions if you want to cut the fat.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below. Thanks.