This is a lovely and light fruit and avocado salad recipe.
It is a mix of fresh grapefruit avocado slices with a lovely creamy dressing.
Light, healthy and nutritious – can’t beat that.
The dressing is a mix of mayonnaise and sour cream with celery and green or red peppers for color and crunch.
Grapefruit and Avocado Salad Recipe
- 3 grapefruit, peeled, seeded, sectioned and drained
- 3 avocados, medium, halved and seeded
- 3 cups baby spinach, or mixed greens
- lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, can use light if you prefer
- 1/2 cup sour cream, light if you prefer
- 1/4 cup green pepper, or red, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon onion salt
- Arrange the greens, avocado slices and grapefruit slices on a plate. Top the salad with creamy dressing.
- Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to come together.
Sprinkle paprika over the finished salad.
- You can also serve the salad in the avocado shell.
- How do you serve an avocado salad, in the skin or out of it? I prefer to take the skin off. I find that when avocados are really ripe they can begin to get small black spots near the skin. I want to make sure any of those spots are removed before eating the avocado. So I remove the skin and make sure the entire half is brushed with lemon juice to prevent it from darkening.
- Make it a meal. Add cooked shrimp or chopped cooked chicken to the salad.