Baked fish recipes are certainly a healthy dinner idea.
They don’t require a lot of oil, just enough liquid to keep the fish from drying out.
I think you’ll like our crispy baked halibut recipe for it’s simplicity and great taste.
With just a few simple ingredients you can make a delicious easy dinner recipe.
This is a great diabetic recipe. It is relatively low in carbs and quite healthy.
You can see from this recipe that creating healthy dinner recipes can be easy and delicious.
Crispy Baked Halibut
- 1 1/4 pounds halibut steaks, or thick fillets, fresh or frozen
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs, soft
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, snipped or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash pepper
- fresh lemon wedges, for serving - optional
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Cut thawed fish into four portions. Pat dry and brush each portion with cooking oil.
- In a shallow dish, stir together bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, tarragon, paprika and pepper. Dip fish into crumb mixture to coat both sides. Arrange pieces in a 12"x7 1/2" baking dish. Sprinkle any leftover crumb mixture on top.
- Bake fish at 450ºF, uncovered for 8 to 12 minutes in a hot oven, until fish flakes easily with a fork. Do not turn during baking. Serve with fresh lemon wedges for drizzling.
Tips and Variations:
- Add chopped tomatoes on top of the finished baked fish for extra flavor and great color. (See the image at the top of the page).
- You can substitute boneless chicken breasts for the fish and create a delicious baked chicken recipe. Just cook them for about 15 minutes, until they are no longer pink in the middle.
- If you use chicken and you want a bit of a different flavor, try replacing the tarragon with an equal amount of rosemary. Rosemary and chicken were made for each other.
- Substitute other thick fish or fish steaks for the halibut if you prefer. Just don’t use thin fillets like sole as they may dry out a bit.
Subscribe to the site here and never miss a great recipe.
Look here for more grilled and baked fish recipes.
If you like this recipe, please take a moment to share it on your favorite social media. You can add your comments below. Thanks a lot.