This banana bread recipe is so easy and delicious it will make you wonder why you don’t bake more often.
Everyone loves banana bread. It is one of the quintessential comfort foods that never goes out of style.
Make it Healthier:
You can make this banana bread recipe even healthier by replacing 1/2 of the white all purpose flour with whole wheat flour. It won’t harm the texture of the cake if you sift the flour before you add it, and it ups the nutritional value of the recipe.
I love having a couple of loaves of this banana bread, sliced, in my freezer. That way, any time unexpected company arrives, I always have something delicious and homemade to serve them.
Baking this easy bread is a great way to use up those overripe bananas the family doesn’t want to eat any more.
This is an easy sweet treat that’s also a healthier food choice. Can’t beat that combination.
Best of all? Kids love it! It’s a great way to get fruit and nuts into picky eaters.
Easy Banana Bread Recipe
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, soft
- 2 eggs, unbeaten
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup bananas, mashed
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Mix the sugar, butter and eggs for 3 minutes. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, walnuts and mashed bananas.
- Grease a regular size loaf pan. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool, slice and serve.
Tips and Variations:
- Replacing the sugar with a sugar substitute like Splenda or stevia turns this into a great Diabetic dessert or a treat that those of us watching our calorie intake can enjoy in moderation.
- Add extra walnuts on top of the bread before baking for extra crunch.
- See the tips and recipe variations from other visitors below.
If you like this recipe, please take a moment to share it on your favorite social media. You can add your comments below. Thanks a lot.