This bananas foster recipe is a gourmet looking dessert that can actually be ready in minutes.
You can serve it alone with ice cream as a delicious quick and easy dessert recipe, or in this version, with fresh, soft crepes.
The crepes version of this recipe is a wonderful easy dessert recipe to prepare when you are having company. Without the crepes it becomes a yummy yet quick and easy everyday dessert.
You can prepare the crepes ahead and freeze them for convenience or make them fresh as you are ready to use them. Whatever suits your mood and your time is fine.
If you want a non-alcoholic version of this recipe simply use rum flavoring or leave it out entirely. It does add a nice rich flavor to the dessert but is not necessary.
Want to make an easy recipe even easier? Omit the crepes and simply serve the bananas and sauce over ice cream. It is fantastic!
Adults and kids alike will love this fabulous and easy banana recipe.
Bananas Foster Recipe
- 4 bananas
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup rum, warm
- 8 cooked crepes
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Peel and slice the bananas. Pour the lemon juice over the bananas. Melt the butter and sugar in a skillet or chafing dish. Add the bananas to the skillet and sauté until just hot. Sprinkle the bananas with cinnamon.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Pour the rum over the bananas and ignite with a long match. Spoon the sauce over the bananas until the flame burns out. Fill the crepes with vanilla ice cream. Spoon the bananas and sauce over the ice cream. Sprinkle the pecans on top.
- Serve immediately.
- Please make sure you remove the pan from the heating element before you add the rum. Leaving it on the heat is a very high fire risk.
- As noted above you can prepare the crepes ahead and refrigerate them for a day or freeze them, well wrapped, for a month or more.