Bread Maker Recipe: Apple Bran Bread2013-04-24
Average Member Rating
(4.8 / 5)
6 people rated this recipe
- Yield : 1 loaf of bread
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 2:000 h
- Ready In : 2:10 h
If you are looking for a delicious bread maker recipe, look no further.
This apple bran bread recipe is both healthy and delicious. The grated apple with add moisture and extra flavor.
Overall, it is a wonderful bread maker recipe. Give it a try.
Ingredients for a 1 Pound Loaf
- 1/3 cup peeled, grated apple
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup bran flakes
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup bread flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast
Ingredients for a 1 1/2 Pound Loaf
- 1/2 cup peeled, grated apple
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 1/2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 cup bran flakes
- 3 tablespoons flax seeds (optional)
- 3 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups bread flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
To toast the wheat germ, put a small amount in a dry skillet. Cook over medium heat until it is browned. Shake and stir frequently to keep the wheat germ from burning. Let it cool before adding it to the bread pan.
Put the ingredients in the bread pan of your break maker in the order suggested by the instructions that came with your bread machine.
Set the machine for whole-wheat bread with a medium crust. Press start.
All there is left to do is wait, then eat!
Each recipe makes one loaf.
- Different bread makers call for ingredients to be added in different sequences. Make sure you follow the directions that come with your own breadmaker in terms of the order ingredients are added.
- Some bread machines ask you to add things like seeds later and will beep when it is time to add them. Again, it is best to consult the instructions that came with your machine.
- If you prefer, you can replace the flax seeds with sunflower seeds, or you can leave them out entirely.
A Healthy Bread Recipe
I love bread, but I also want to eat as healthy as possible.
This is one of our healthy bread recipes, with a mix of whole wheat and regular flours, wheat germ and bran flakes for added fiber and nutrition.
All bread recipes (or most of them anyway) call for just a touch of sugar. It adds flavor to the bread, helps the yeast rise and helps the bread to brown as it bakes.
Healthy honey is used in this bread recipe. Cinnamon adds an extra note of wonderful flavor.
Flax seeds are very healthy and they are an optional ingredient in this recipe. You can also use sunflower seeds if you prefer, or simply leave it all out and enjoy the bread without the added crunch.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below. Thanks.