This sauteed Chinese broccoli recipe is simple and very easy to make.
It is a great side dish for any Chinese recipe, but also goes well with other meat and fish dishes.
Serve this fantastic vegetable side dish with any of our Chinese main courses that you will find here.
Cooking fresh broccoli is quick and easy, and its’ health benefits are so great, broccoli dishes should be on the menu often.
This broccoli recipe is perfect for diabetics. It is quite low carb.
Chinese Broccoli Recipe
- 1 head broccoli, large, cleaned and cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Brown onion in oil over medium heat. Add broccoli to onion, cover and cook about 3 minutes.
- Mix soy sauce and sugar with the chicken stock. Add corn starch and mix. Pour mixture over broccoli. Cook, uncovered, another 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve immediately.
- Broccoli is also good with green onions. I would substitute 1 bunch of green onions, cleaned and chopped. Just saute them lightly before adding the broccoli as it doesn’t take as much cooking as regular onion.
- If you or those in your house don’t like onion at all, you can simply leave it out.
- There isn’t much sugar in this dish and the sugar really evens out the taste a bit, but it is optional. If you are really cutting down on sugar, you can cut the amount in half or omit it.
Please note that if you really need this recipe to be gluten free make sure your soy sauce is gluten free. Some are not.
Broccoli is one of the healthiest vegetables you can eat, so why not find more reasons to put in on the table with an easy recipe like this one.