This buffalo wings recipe is the ultimate in yummy finger foods.
These buffalo chicken wings are perfect for entertaining or a weekend finger food dinner.
They are as good as any you will find in a restaurant and very easy to make right at home.
These wings are so great that you might want to make a double recipe.
It is from my favorite “must have” entertaining cookbook, The Entertaining Encyclopedia: Essential Tips for Hosting the Perfect Party.
They are even good cold, right out of the fridge. I won’t tell.
You can make these wings the day before, toss with sauce, let cool completely and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat, spread the wings out in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in a 350°F (180°C) oven until hot, about 10 minutes.
Buffalo Wings Recipe
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds chicken wings, rinsed and patted dry
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce, your favorite, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing, for dipping
- In a large bowl, combine salt, paprika, black pepper and cayenne. Add chicken wings and toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, cook hot pepper sauce and butter until butter has melted. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- In a heavy saucepan that is at least 5 inches (12.5 cm) deep, heat 2 inches (5 cm) of oil over medium heat until it registers 350°F (180°C) on thermometer. Working in batches, fry wings until skin is crisp and juices run clear when chicken is pierced, about 8 minutes. Using tongs or a slotted spoon, remove wings to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Toss wings in hot sauce mixture. Serve with blue cheese dressing on the side.
- Be a traditionalist and serve these wings with celery and carrot sticks.
- Use a candy/deep-fry thermometer to accurately measure the temperature of the cooking oil. The right cooking temperature is the key to a perfect wing.
If you need these wings to be gluten free, please make sure that your blue cheese dressing is gluten free. Some bottled dressings are not. Or you can choose to eat them without the dressing. Equally yummy.
If you like this recipe, I would really appreciate it if you share it on social media. And add a comment below the recipe. Thanks.