Buffalo Wings Recipe2013-04-24
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
5 people rated this recipe
- Yield : 2 pounds of wings
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 8m
- Ready In : 38m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat154
This buffalo wings recipe is the ultimate in yummy finger foods.
These buffalo chicken wings are perfect for entertaining or a weekend finger food dinner.
They are as good as any you will find in a restaurant and very easy to make right at home.
- 1 tablespoon salt (15 mL)
- 1 tablespoon paprika (15 mL)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (2 mL)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (1 mL)
- 2 pounds chicken wings, rinsed and patted dry (1 kg)
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce, such as Frank's Louisiana (45 mL) or your favorite, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter (45 mL)
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing for dipping (250 mL)
1. In a large bowl, combine salt, paprika, black pepper and cayenne. Add chicken wings and toss to coat. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, over low heat, cook hot pepper sauce and butter until butter has melted. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
3. In a heavy saucepan that is at least 5 inches (12.5 cm) deep, heat 2 inches (5 cm) of oil over medium heat until it registers 350°F (180°C) on thermometer. Working in batches, fry wings until skin is crisp and juices run clear when chicken is pierced, about 8 minutes. Using tongs or a slotted spoon, remove wings to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
4. Toss wings in hot sauce mixture. Serve with blue cheese dressing on the side.
- Be a traditionalist and serve these wings with celery and carrot sticks.
- Use a candy/deep-fry thermometer to accurately measure the temperature of the cooking oil. The right cooking temperature is the key to a perfect wing.
Did You Know?…
These wings are so great that you might want to make a double recipe.
It is from my favorite “must have” entertaining cookbook, The Entertaining Encyclopedia: Essential Tips for Hosting the Perfect Party.
They are even good cold, right out of the fridge. I won’t tell.
You can make these wings the day before, toss with sauce, let cool completely and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat, spread the wings out in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in a 350°F (180°C) oven until hot, about 10 minutes.
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you would Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, and Like it on Facebook. Share your own favorite recipes below. Thanks.