Here is a hot and creamy cauliflower soup recipe, easy to make and absolutely delicious!
Cauliflower cheese soup may look difficult but it is one of the easiest soups you can make.
You can easily make this soup vegetarian. Just use vegetable broth instead of chicken for a wonderful vegetarian soup.
Cauliflower is so healthy for us. It’s good to know that with a recipe as simple as this one, you can eat it often.
Vegetarian soup recipes can become a wonderful staple in any household, even for die hard meat eaters.
This soup is sure to please even the pickiest eaters.
Have someone in the household who doesn’t like vegetables?
Whiz the soup with a hand blender or put it in the blender, and voila, you have a thick and creamy delicious soup that little ones and other vegetable-phobes will love.
Cauliflower is one of the healthiest vegetables you can eat.
Look for a great serving suggestion below.
Cream of Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 1 - 10 ounce can condensed chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups bread cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Melt butter in large saucepan. Sauté onion until tender. Stir in cauliflower and condensed chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Smoothly combine flour and milk. Add the mixture to the saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat. Add cheese and stir until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into soup bowls. Sprinkle with buttered croutons and parsley.
Method for Buttered Croutons:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Toss bread cubes in melted butter. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
Serving Suggestion:Serve this delicious soup topped with pieces of crispy bacon and small pieces of cooked cauliflower. Take a few pieces of the cauliflower out before you whiz it with the hand blender, chop them up and use them to decorate the bowl. A few bits of finely chopped parsley are a wonderful addition too.
Like this recipe? I’d love you to share it on your favorite social media. You can also share a comment below Thanks so much.