This chicken burger recipe is a nice change from beef burgers for a few reasons.
I love the Asian flavors. They are not overpowering, but bring so much flavor to the burgers.
Chicken burgers are a healthy choice if you are in the mood for a burger. They are lower in fat than beef or pork burgers. The only issue is that ground chicken can easily become dry. It can also be a bit more difficult to get it to taste good. Chicken needs a bit of help with that.
This recipe fixes all of those concerns. The ginger and teriyaki sauce are simple additions to the chicken that really amp up the flavor profile. With just these two simple ingredients, plus a bit of my favorite – garlic, Asian flavors are in every bite of these tasty burgers.
Serving Your Asian Flavored Chicken Burger Recipe
You can serve these chicken burgers on a bun like a regular burger topped with lettuce, tomato and the simple sauce you’ll find below.
You can also serve these healthy burgers as a “bunless” main course. I would serve them with rice, either plain or Asian fried rice, a side salad and maybe some Asian style pickled vegetables. Top the burgers with the Teriyaki Green Onion Glaze shown below.
These burgers make a great low carb or keto recipe. Just read the ingredients in the teriyaki sauce carefully. You don’t want one with lots of sugar.
Any way you serve them, I hope you like these chicken burgers when you give them a try.
Asian Chicken Burger Recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger , grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
Teriyaki and Green Onion Glaze
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 2 green onions , chopped
- Place the ground chicken in a bowl and add 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, the grated ginger and crushed garlic. Mix it together with a fork or your hands until just combined. Shape into four burgers, each of them at least 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat the butter or olive oil in a large, nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Place the burgers in the pan and fry, uncovered, until thoroughly cooked and no pink remains in the center, from 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and serve.
- These burgers can also be baked in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes at 375ºF or broiled under your broiler.
For the Glaze:
- Immediately add the tablespoon of teriyaki sauce to the pan juices and turn the heat to high. Boil, uncovered and stirring almost constantly, until the teriyaki sauce is reduced to a glaze, about two minutes. Stir in the chopped green onions, heat the onions through, then pour the teriyaki sauce mixture over the burgers.
- If you have broiled or oven baked the burgers, add 1 teaspoon of oil to the pan before you add the teriyaki sauce and onions.
Serve these wonderfully flavored chicken burgers with rice and stir fried vegetables or on a crusty bun with sliced tomatoes.
If you like these Asian chicken burgers, give our jerk chicken burger recipe a try. Let me know what you think.
If you like this recipe, please take a moment to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below. You can also add your own recipe. I’ll put it up on the site permanently for all to share and enjoy. Thanks a lot.