Everyone seems to love a great chicken wing recipe and this one is particularly tasty.
These sticky chicken wings are great for an easy fun family dinner, but they are terrific for entertaining too.
This is a great appetizer recipe that the crowd will love.
Buy the chicken wings whole and separate them yourself, or, for a really easy dinner recipe, buy them already cut at the joint into individual serving pieces.
Either way, just get out the napkins and get ready for a treat!
Sticky Chicken Wing Recipe
- 2 pounds chicken wings, whole or tips removed and cut into 2 sections
- 1 cup flour
- oil for frying
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Dip the wings into the flour, then brown them in hot oil in the skillet. Place the browned wings in a foil lined baking dish. (The sauce is VERY sticky so be sure to line the pan.)
- Mix all the sauce ingredients well and pour the mixture over the chicken wings. Bake the wings for 20 minutes without a cover, then for 20 minutes covered, then a final 20 minutes uncovered.
- Turn the wings in the sauce after cooking for 30 minutes.
- The recipe serves 3 or 4 as stated above but multiplies very easily for a crowd.
- Serves 2 as a main course or 4 as an appetizer.