Everyone seems to love a great chicken wing recipe and this one is particularly tasty.
These sticky chicken wings are great for an easy fun family dinner, but they are terrific for entertaining too.
This is a great appetizer recipe that the crowd will love.
Buy the chicken wings whole and separate them yourself, or, for a really easy dinner recipe, buy them already cut at the joint into individual serving pieces.
Either way, just get out the napkins and get ready for a treat!
Pair them with cheesy twice baked potatoes for a fun dinner treat.
Sticky Chicken Wing Recipe
- 2 pounds chicken wings, whole or tips removed and cut into 2 sections
- 1 cup flour
- oil for frying
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Dip the wings into the flour, then brown them in hot oil in the skillet. Place the browned wings in a foil lined baking dish. (The sauce is VERY sticky so be sure to line the pan.)
- Mix all the sauce ingredients well and pour the mixture over the chicken wings. Bake the wings for 20 minutes without a cover, then for 20 minutes covered, then a final 20 minutes uncovered.
- Turn the wings in the sauce after cooking for 30 minutes.
- The recipe serves 3 or 4 as stated above but multiplies very easily for a crowd.
- Serves 2 as a main course or 4 as an appetizer.
For more delicious recipes like our Sticky Chicken Wing recipe, look here.
Sign up here and be the first to get new recipes and tips.
Like this recipe? I’d love you to share it on your favorite social media. You can also share a comment below Thanks so much.
1 thought on “Sticky Chicken Wing Recipe”
Yummy wings and baby drum sticks
by Nathan Chin
Great entertainer dish at barbecues or as a main meal finger licking good. This dish will be the talk of the night and is so easy to make.
-Buy a bulk packet of chicken wings.
-cut the wing part from the little drum stick
-place the wings in one microwave bowl and the baby drum sticks in another.
-Place one table spoon of mince garlic in each bowl
-Place two table spoons of Hoisin Sauce made by LEE KUM KEE you can get this sauce from a supermarket store in the Asian section.
-With your clean hands rub the mixture well into the chicken wings and baby drum sticks.
-Put one of the bowls in the microwave for 10-12 minutes to cook the chicken a little on the inside.
-Than either place the wings or baby drum sticks in a baking dish that is wiped down with oil, Or place onto a barbeque to further cook your chicken until it is a darkish brown.
total time to prepare and cook is roughly 1 hour.