These chocolate cupcakes are perfect for Mom’s looking for recipes kids love, or any of us who want to eat more vegetables while enjoying dessert.
It is a moist chocolate cupcake recipe with the addition of grated zucchini and carrots. Yes, they still have sugar and butter, BUT if you have trouble getting people in your house to eat veggies, this wonderful cupcake recipe could be a solution. Recipes for kids that are healthy should taste great too.
The addition of yogurt makes these chocolate cupcakes moist and tender.
If you are looking for recipes for kids that add nutrition to dessert, give these healthy cupcakes a try. And don’t let the kids have them all. Adults will love them too.
Leave them as they are or top them with a great chocolate icing. It’s totally up to you.
Veggie Filled Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cups butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- In a large bowl beat together the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and creamy. Add the yogurt and cocoa powder and beat until smooth.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix it together until it is just combined. Fold in the grated zucchini and carrots.
- Place batter into 20 paper liners filling to almost the top of the liner. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Cool and frost with your favourite icing and decorate to your heart’s content.
Makes 20 cupcakes.
Make sure you don’t overfill the cupcake tin liners or they will spill over into the tin and make a dried mess to clean up.
If you like this recipe, please take a moment to share it on social media. Thanks a lot.