This chocolate mousse recipe is creamy, delicious and surprisingly easy to make.
It was originally submitted by chef Farhad(iranchef).
I think you will love this delectable French dessert recipe.
Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- 8 ounces baking chocolate, semisweet, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 egg yolks, large
- 2 tablespoons sugar, granulated
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream, whipped
- In a microwave or double boiler, heat chocolate, 1/4 cup water and butter until the chocolate and butter are melted. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a small heavy saucepan, whisk egg yolks, sugar and remaining water. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 160°F (70°C), about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate mixture. Set saucepan in ice and stir until cooled, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Note that the proper term is mousse. It’s not a chocolate mouse or a chocolate moose. A mousse is really just a fancy pudding, with more air mixed into it to make it lighter.
If you like this recipe, please take a moment to share it on your favorite social media. Thanks a lot.