Mmmm…. homemade chocolate sauce.
This is a wonderful dessert sauce recipe that you will find so many uses for.
It is a perfect sauce for drizzling over chocolate or vanilla ice cream, brownies, puddings or cakes.
Just about anything that goes with chocolate could benefit from a dousing of this wonderful sweet sauce. Chocolate sauce in your yogurt – why not?
This chocolate sauce recipe uses unsweetened cocoa, which creates a lovely sauce in minutes with just a few ingredients.
That makes this sauce great as a weekday treat or perfect for entertaining company.
One of the nice things about this easy sauce recipe is that it uses ingredients that we most often have in our kitchen pantry, so you can whip it up any time you or your family have a craving.
Good quality cocoa is best and will result in the nicest taste, but in reality any cocoa will do. I usually just use the cocoa powder from the grocery store.
Dessert sauces are so handy for entertaining. They make any simple dessert look and taste much more elegant.
Indulge and enjoy.
Chocolate Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, or margarine
- Combine cocoa, sugar and salt in a saucepan and mix well. Gradually add water and stir until smooth. Place over medium heat and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Simmer for 3 minutes. Add margarine, stir until blended and simmer 3 more minutes.
- Can be stored covered in the refrigerator 2-3 weeks.
- Makes 1 cup.
- Add a few drops of mint extract for chocolate mint sauce.
Sign up here and be the first to get new recipes and tips.
Here’s another version of chocolate sauce – hot fudge sauce.
Like this recipe? I’d love you to share it on your favorite social media. You can also share a comment below Thanks so much.