Here is a delicious cranberry bread recipe.
It is called a bread or cranberry loaf, but it really is a cake, similar to a coffee cake.
Quick bread recipes tend to be a bit denser than a regular cake recipe. They are perfect for slicing and enjoying with a cup of tea or coffee as a light, sweet snack.
The addition of the orange juice is a nice complement to the tart cranberries and the walnuts add extra nutrition and crunch.
Of course you can leave the walnuts out of the recipe if you prefer a nut free cranberry cake, but they really add a nice bit of texture to the bread.
I think you will love this easy cake recipe. It is one of those cakes you will want to make a few of. Eat one and freeze the others for unexpected company.
Cranberry Bread Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 6 ounces cranberries, fresh, about 1/2 bag
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped, optional
- 1/2 to 1 cup raisins, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift dry ingredients together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix egg, butter and orange juice together, then add to dry ingredients. Mix in cranberries, walnuts and raisins (if using).
- Pour or spread into 9x5 inch greased loaf pan. Bake at 350°F for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Test with a toothpick or other tester to make sure it is cooked right through.
- Cool slightly before removing the loaf from the pan.
- Makes 1 loaf.
Submit your own recipe below in the comments section. I would love to help you share your creations with the world.