This is a real twist on garlic potatoes with cheese. It has lots of garlic and adds a can of cheddar cheese soup for the cheese taste.
This cheesy potato recipe was shared by John from North Hatley QC, Canada, certainly a pretty part of the country. He says they are a hit any times he serves them.
Cheesy Garlic Potatoes
- 8 potatoes
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- Boil 8 potatoes until soft. Mash and add 5 cloves of garlic. (Mince the garlic in olive oil and add to the potatoes.)
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon sea salt, 1 teaspoon cracked pepper, 2 beaten eggs, then 1 can of chedder cheese soup. If it is too moist add more potato or some bread crumbs.
- Put the mixture into a cast iron fry pan or baking dish and bake at 450ºF until hot and bubbly and brown. Take out let cool, easier to handle. When completely cool, place on a plate this will dry it up. When ready to eat warm up in oven slice into pie wedges or scoop, serve and enjoy.
Serves 6 to 8.
Always a hit..