Grilled Pork Chop Recipe2013-05-07
Average Member Rating
(4.7 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 35m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 55m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat108
This Asian flavored grilled pork chop recipe creates the best grilled pork chops I’ve made.
Of all the marinades for grilled pork chops I have, I think this one is my favorite.
The garlic, soy sauce and brown sugar make a simple mix of sweet and pungent that is just the right touch.
Marinated Grilled Pork Chops
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 8 black peppercorns, crushed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 loin pork chops
Mix the garlic, coriander, peppercorns, soy sauce and brown sugar in a shallow dish. Put the pork chops into the dish and coat them well with the marinade. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes, basting the meat occasionally. (Marinate it in the refrigerator if it is hot out).
Preheat the grill to medium high. Transfer the pork chops to the grill, reserving the marinade. Grill the meat for 2 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium and grill for 8 to 10 minutes on each side. Baste the chops with the marinade occasionally as you barbecue them.
Tips and Variations:
- You can either grill these pork chops on a BBQ or indoor grill or you can broil them in the oven. The same cooking times should apply to all methods, except below…
- If you are using an indoor grill with a cover check the pork chops for doneness after 4 to 5 minutes on each side. These grills cook from the top and bottom, so cooking times are much quicker.
- You can crush the coriander seeds with the bottom of a plate if you don’t have a spice grinder.
The coriander and black pepper add punch and depth to the flavor mixture.
For extra health benefits add 1/2 teaspoon of cider vinegar to the marinade. It adds a nice punch and cider vinegar is extremely healthy for us.
The marinade is easy to put together in just a minute, then the chops sit for 30 minutes.
This is a very easy dinner recipe. Just make the marinade first, then let the chops sit while you prepare the other dinner items.
Meat recipes like this are great diabetes recipes. Low carb, high protein and delicious.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment and your favorite recipe below.