This grilled trout recipe can actually be cooked on the grill or in the oven.
It is one of the nicest rainbow trout recipes you will find, and like the best fish recipes, both easy and delicious.
I love rainbow trout. It is like salmon, but more delicate in texture and flavor. It takes to great flavorings really well, so it’s a fish that you can eat often and not have it the same way twice.
The French dressing may sound like an odd addition, but the combination of creamy and sweet gives this recipe a delicious richness.
Trout is such a delicate, delicious fish and grilling it like this gives it a wonderful flavor.
Easy Grilled Trout Recipe
- 3 pounds rainbow trout fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup French dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the trout onto heavy aluminum foil. Dot with butter and squeeze the lemon on to the fish. Spread with salad dressing. Salt and pepper to taste (remember the salad dressing will have salt in it).
- Wrap the foil around the fish fillet and seal tightly.
- Place the trout "package" on a hot grill, on the side of a fire or in a 350ºF preheated oven. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until flaky. Exact cooking time depends on the thickness of the fish.
- Remove fish from the foil and serve.