Healthy soup recipes aren’t just for cold winter days.
This watermelon and strawberry soup is served chilled and is perfect for a light lunch on a hot summer day or served as starter at a barbecue or picnic.
What a wonderful cooling combination.
This healthy, sweet soup is a perfect summer soup recipe. And watermelon and strawberries both have amazing health benefits for us.
Watermelon and Strawberry Soup
- 4 cups watermelon, chunks
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 lemon, or 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- fresh mint, optional
- Hull the strawberries. Peel and seed watermelon, cut into thumb sized chunks.
- Put watermelon and sugar into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour mixture into chilled bowl.
- Juice the lemon. Blend strawberries in the blender and slowly add yogurt and lemon juice while blending. Pour into bowl with watermelon and stir well. Put into the fridge for at least 2 hours. Use the fresh mint to garnish.
- Serve ice-cold.
This recipe comes courtesy of Marion who has a delicious website all about strawberries and strawberry recipes that is definitely worth a visit. It’s called www.strawberry-recipes.com.
Did You Know?…
This is not only a low calorie soup. The combination of fruits and the addition of the yogurt makes it a healthy, low fat soup too.