Knorr Spinach Dip Recipe2013-05-09
Average Member Rating
(4.3 / 5)
11 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 8 to 10
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 10m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat135
Here it is – the original Knorr spinach dip recipe we all know and love.
There’s a reason it’s been around for years. It’s really good!
Original Knorr Spinach Dip Recipe
- 1 - 16 ounce (or 500 ml) container sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 1 package frozen spinach
- 2 loaves of round sourdough bread or pumpernickel bread (pumpernickel is dark rye bread) or 1 of each
Thaw the frozen spinach fully and drain well. Wring it out a bit with your hands to make sure it is well drained.
Chop the spinach. Mix it with the other ingredients, except the bread, and refrigerate it to let the flavors meld together.
Hollow out one of the loaves of bread with a knife, cutting the bread you remove into 2 inch chunks for dipping. I have specified 2 loaves of the bread because if you just get 1 there always seems to be dip left over and no bread to use it up. Cut the second loaf of bread into cubes for dipping.
Place the hollowed out loaf of bread on a serving plate and fill the hollow with the chilled dip. Arrange the cubes of bread around the loaf and use them to dip.
- Using one loaf of white sourdough bread and one dark pumpernickel bread not only gives people a choice of breads, it makes the plate look prettier too.
- A crusty French or Italian bread works well too. Just don’t use a soft bread as it breaks up as you are trying to dip it.
- Try a crusty artisan type whole grain bread with this dip. Whole grain breads are healthier for us.
- Using a lighter sour cream and mayonnaise will cut the fat content, but I don’t suggest you use no fat versions. They are filled with fillers and starches that just aren’t as healthy for us.
People never tire of this spinach dip and every time I serve it, it gets gobbled up quickly.
You will notice at the end of this recipe a link to our other spinach dip recipe. It is a bit different. Try them both and see which version you prefer.
Spinach is SO healthy for us that it is a wonderful food to include in our diet on a regular basis. Look here for more information on the health benefits of spinach.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and share your own recipes below.