If you have been wanting to learn how to make great Korean recipes this Korean barbecue beef is a wonderful place to start.
Korean recipes are becoming more and more popular, as people continue to explore cuisines of the world.
Some of them are spicy, but this one is not, although you can see the notes below if you like hot.
This wonderful beef barbecue recipe is a little bit sweet and a little bit tangy.
Give it a try. I think you will really like it.
This is a gluten free recipe if you make sure the soy sauce is gluten free. Some of them are not.
This recipe isn’t hot but if you like heat, just add a few drops of your favorite hot sauce. An Asian hot sauce works best as the flavors are similar.
This recipe for Korean beef is perfect for so many healthy eating regimes – if you need low carb recipes, gluten free recipes or diabetic recipes, this barbecue beef fits right in.
Korean Barbecue Beef
- 4 beef steaks, fillet steaks, fairly thin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, crushed and toasted
- 2 tablespoons green onion, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil, see Tips below
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- wooden skewers
- Cut the steaks into chunks. Place the meat in a shallow dish and brush with honey on both sides. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the garlic, sesame seeds, green onion, oil and soy sauce. Pour over the meat and turn it to coat well. Let stand to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak the skewers in a bowl of water for the same 30 minutes. When the meat is marinated, thread the pieces of steak on to the skewers.
- Broil or grill the meat over charcoal until it is done as desired.
- Serve at once with rice and vegetables.
- Please note that sesame oil is a very strong tasting oil. It is fabulous and adds lots of flavor, but a little goes a long way. If you find it too strong, I would use 1/2 vegetable oil and 1/2 sesame oil.
- You can also use chunks of chicken in this recipe. Either boneless chicken breasts or chicken thighs work well. Use the same marinade and marinate as directed above.
- This recipe is wonderful served with rice. You can use white or brown rice. Either will work but the brown rice is healthier.
If you need this recipe to be gluten free, please make sure your soy sauce is gluten free. Some of them are not.