This lemon sauce recipe is just delicious. It is a perfect blend of tangy and sweet.
This velvety lemon concoction is actually a very versatile dessert sauce.
It tastes wonderful drizzled over dessert recipes like cake, bread puddings, ginger bread and cheesecake.
Personally, I love it so much, I don’t know if I care if I have anything to drizzle it over. My fingers, maybe?
Lemon Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- In a small saucepan mix sugar and cornstarch together. Gradually stir in water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Keep hot until time to serve. Serve over gingerbread, bread puddings, cheesecake or cakes. Makes 2/3 cup
Tips and Variations:
- The zest of the lemon is the yellow part of the rind, finely grated.
- You can make an orange sauce by simply replacing the lemon juice and zest with orange juice and orange zest.