I love macaroons when they are sweet and moist. They just have to be moist!
This is an extremely easy macaroon recipe and nice and moist.
Just 4 ingredients, plus the proverbial cherry on top if you choose.
This a great recipe for those who are wheat intolerant, because there is no flour in the recipe (do check the ingredients on the condensed milk can though if you have an allergy. It should be gluten free).
These lovely coconut cookies come out moist and delicious each and every time.
I love Eagle brand recipes. They are so reliable and always easy.
This is an easy cookie recipe for the holidays. Everyone loves them and they are wonderful as part of a holiday dessert mix. Or make a double batch and use them as part of a cookie exchange.
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract, to 1 1/2 teaspoons if you really love almond flavor
- 6 cups coconut, flaked
- 48 glacé cherries or maraschino cherry halves, Optional
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- In a large bowl combine sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and almond extract. Stir in the coconut.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on to parchment paper lined cookie sheets (or use a silpat liner). Flatten each macaroon slightly with a spoon.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until browned around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and immediately press the cherry into the center of each almond cookie. Cool completely on wire racks and store loosely in a covered container at room temperature. Makes about 48 small macaroons.
- You can replace the cherries with milk chocolate kisses if you prefer.
- If you are a cake decorator and have a piping bag you can pipe them and make the cookies look pretty like the image above.