These meatballs make a great main course, or serve them as an appetizer.
They work really well on a buffet party, so they are great for parties or holiday menus.
The grape jelly makes the meatball a bit sweet and the mix of herbs adds a wonderful savory note.
Any ground beef recipe is a terrific budget recipe, as it stretches the meat to serve more people that you could serve from the same amount of steak or other cut of meat.
I love easy dinner recipes and meatballs sure fall into that category.
Serve this recipe over cooked noodles or with garlic or herbed mashed potatoes. Or even better, how about serving them with this hash brown potato casserole?
Any way you serve them I think you will really enjoy this easy, fabulous meatball recipe.
Meatballs, Herbed and Saucy
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 1/2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons grape jelly
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch white pepper, ground
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- pinch dried oregano
- pinch dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- In a large mixing bowl combine the ground beef, tomato paste, 1/2 cup chicken stock, grape jelly, salt, white pepper, garlic, oregano and rosemary. Mix well. Shape the mixture into meatballs 1 inch in diameter.
- In a large saucepan, heat the vegetable oil over a low heat. Add the meatballs and brown for 5 minutes. Add the remaining chicken broth and the dill and basil. Simmer for 15 minutes over a very low heat.
- Serve warm.
- Great served over noodles or with mashed potatoes.
Look here for tasty side dishes to serve with these meatballs.
Subscribe to the site here and never miss a great recipe.
Like this recipe? I’d love you to share it on your favorite social media. Thanks so much.