Homemade milkshake recipes – our favorite diner drink made rich and delicious right at home. How wonderful.
Milk shakes are easy to make at home. All you need are a few simple ingredients and a blender.
The best milkshakes are made with whole milk and a good quality ice cream. If you want a lower fat content, substitute low fat yogurt for the ice cream.
You can make milkshakes in any flavor you want. Just substitute the chocolate syrup in the chocolate milkshake recipe for any flavor of syrup you prefer, or use frozen berries or other fruit.
Try these out and find out what your favorite milkshake recipes are.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 3 scoops, 1/2 cup each chocolate ice cream
- Place the milk and syrup in a blender. Cover and blend on high speed for 2 seconds. Add the ice cream. Cover and blend on low speed for 5 to 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
- Makes 2 cups. Top chocolate milkshakes with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Vanilla Milkshake Recipe
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 scoops (1/2 cup each) vanilla ice cream
Place the milk and ice cream in a blender. Cover and blend on high speed for 5 to 30 seconds, until the ice cream and milk are fully mixed and smooth. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
Makes 2 cups.
Lighter Low Fat Milk Shakes: Use fat-free frozen yogurt for the ice cream, and skim milk.
Berry or Cherry Milk Shakes
Substitute strawberry or cherry ice cream topping or frozen strawberries or raspberries in syrup, thawed, for the chocolate syrup. Follow the directions as given above.
Top strawberry shakes with slices of fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
Tips and Variations:
- Substitute low fat yogurt for the ice cream and skim milk (0% fat) for a lower fat milk shake.
- Use sugar free ice cream and syrups for a diabetic milkshake recipe.