This pineapple cake recipe is an absolutely fabulous, moist and easy cake recipe.
It is baked in a loaf pan for easy serving with no need for icing or other decorations.
This is a wonderful cake to have on hand in case someone drops in.
The recipe calls for the addition of coconut. I think that shaved or grated coconut is the perfect addition for this cake, sort of like a pina colada in a cake. You can also add chopped nuts.
This cake is made in the loaf style of quick breads, but is lighter and more of a real cake texture.
It is a perfect cake to make ahead and place in the freezer in case of unexpected company.
The only thing is, it’s so good you will have to make two if you want to freeze one, as the first one will certainly be eaten!
Pineapple Cake Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pineapple, crushed, juice included
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup coconut, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Beat eggs, add sugar, melted butter and vanilla.
- Sift the dry ingredients and add, alternately with the pineapple to the first mixture. Mix in grated coconut.
- Bake a in greased and floured loaf pan for 60 minutes.
- This is a great easy cake recipe to make ahead and keep in the freezer for those unexpected times when you need to serve something sweet. You can even slice it ahead so you can remove the slices individually as you need them. Just wrap it well in plastic wrap before you place it in a freezer bag. It will keep for a couple of months.