I can’t wait to try this yummy looking pressure cooker recipe for salmon.
If you are looking for easy Instant Pot recipes, it can’t get much easier than this wonderful herbed salmon with asparagus.
Before we get into the recipe I know there is a question many reading this page are asking?
What is an Instant Pot?
An Instant Pot is an appliance that is a pressure cooker and more. It can also work as a slow cooker, steamer, rice cooker, egg cooker and yogurt maker. It’s an all in one amazing appliance that thousands of home cooks are discovering and loving. (By the way, Instant Pot is the brand name. Other companies are coming out with copycat appliances, but Instant Pot is the original). Here is an Instant Pot found on Amazon. This one has all the bells and whistles and is perfect for your favorite pressure cooker recipe.
Lets get back to this fantastic recipe –
This quick and easy salmon recipe is almost a one pot dinner. The salmon and asparagus cook in the Instant Pot (or other pressure cooker). While it is cooking, you can make a large salad or a side of steamed rice to go with it. Voila, in 30 minutes or so from start to finish you have a healthy salmon dinner on the table.
For this recipe you will need:
- the steam rack that comes with your Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
- 2 pieces of parchment paper, cut to fit salmon pieces
Pressure Cooker Recipe: Herbed Salmon with Asparagus
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 12 ounces salmon fillet, skin-on, cut into 2 equal pieces (375 g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Herbes de Provence, see note below
- 8 ounces asparagus spears, tough ends trimmed and spears halved
- salt and black pepper to your taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Using your fingers, carefully check the salmon fillet for tiny pin bones. Remove any bones with a tweezers or needle nose pliers.
- Add the broth to the inner pot and place the steam rack in the pot. Place 1 piece of salmon, skin side down, on each prepared piece of parchment paper and brush top with oil. Sprinkle with herbes de Provence. Arrange both pieces on steam rack, without overlapping. Arrange asparagus on top of salmon. Drizzle with a little oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Close and lock the lid and turn the steam release handle to Sealing. Set your Instant Pot to pressure cook on Low for 5 minutes.
- When the cooking time is done, press Cancel and turn the steam release handle to Venting. When the float valve drops down, remove the lid. The fish should be opaque and should flake easily when tested with a fork. (If more cooking time is needed, continue pressure cooking on Low for 1 minute.)
- Transfer salmon to serving plates and arrange asparagus on top of and around salmon. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Set your Instant Pot to sauté on More. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup (60 mL). Add butter and lemon juice; cook, stirring, until butter is melted. Drizzle sauce over fish and asparagus.
Makes 2 servings
This wonderful salmon recipe comes from a new cookbooked called 5-Ingredient Instant Pot Cookbook: 150 Easy, Quick and Delicious Meals by Marilyn Haugen. It is a handy cookbook to have if you love the Instant Pot, but especially if you are new to pressure cooking.
The author Marilyn Haugen covers all the basics like cooking oats and grains, how to hard boil eggs to perfection every time, how to make yogurt and how to cook your own rotisserie chicken at home. She also includes a large list of various foods and how long to cook them in the Instant Pot / pressure cooker.
In addition to this great salmon pressure cooker recipe, the tasty looking recipes in the book include:
- Creamy Beef Stroganoff
- One Pot Pasta
- Hands Free Risotto
- Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal
- Beer Cheese Soup
- Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili
- Coconut Beef Curry
- Moroccan Chicken
- Lemon Garlic Chicken and Asparagus
- Key Lime Pie
- Chocolate Ganache Cake
- Maple Rice Pudding
- Decadent Creme Brulee
You can buy it at Amazon.com here:
This Instant Pot recipe has been supplied courtesy of The 5 Ingredient Instant Pot Cookbook by Marilyn Haugen © 2018 www.robertrose.ca. It has been reprinted with permission.