Sparkling Citrus Punch Recipe2013-05-18
Average Member Rating
(3.4 / 5)
10 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 5m
This light and refreshing citrus punch recipe is a perfect beverage for parties.
It is a perfect bridal or baby shower punch, and kids will love it as a birthday party beverage.
It is also easy enough to make that it works well as an everyday summer drink.
Sparkling Citrus Punch
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen tangerine or orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen grapefruit juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 bottle (1 litre or 1 quart) sparkling water, chilled
- 1/2 small bottle of maraschino cherries
Mix all the ingredients in a half gallon glass pitcher or punch bowl.
Serve over ice. Make sure each serving has a maraschino cherry in it. Garnish with fresh mint if desired.
Here’s how to make an easy ice ring:
You can make an easy ice ring using a ring mold or bundt pan that fits inside your punch bowl. Arrange sliced fruit or berries and mint leaves for color in the ring mold. Then add water to fill the mold 3/4 full. Freeze it until solid, unmold and place in the punch. You can use the same method using muffin cups to make floating ice disks, which take less time to freeze.
Makes about 8 servings with lots of ice.
Tips and Variations:
- If you want an alcohol punch, “spike” it with 1/3 cup vodka, rum or gin or gin.
- Float slices of orange and lemon on the punch for color and extra flavor.
- This recipe multiplies easily to serve as many as you need.
- Instead of the maraschino cherries or citrus slices, add whole or sliced strawberries or raspberries to the punch. They’ll add lots of color and flavor.
- Use pink grapefruit juice and add a bit of grenadine syrup for added pink color.
The ingredients are ones that you can have on hand at all times. Just take a minute to mix it together and you are ready for any unexpected company or a group of thirsty little ones.
Or put it together to serve at your next summer barbecue. It will be a hit for sure.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.