I love roasted root vegetables. This is my own version of a healthy vegetable recipe for cooler weather. It is so easy to do that I make it often.
Just mix everything together and pop it in the oven. Great baked alongside a chicken or beef dish for an easy, all in the oven meal.
This is a very healthy side dish recipe. It takes a bit of oil to crisp up the veggies, but not a lot. They taste so fabulous together like this, you will refer back to this recipe over and over again like I do.
You can also add parsnips to this recipe. I add them often and love the mix.
Karen's Herbed Roasted Root Vegetables
- 3 potatoes, peeled and sliced into wedges
- 1 sweet potato, large, peeled and sliced into large wedges or thick slices
- 1 onion, large, peeled and cut into wedges
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into thick sticks
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dried or 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Place all cleaned and cut vegetables in a large baking dish. Pour the oil over and mix well to coat them all. Season the vegetables with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Bake, uncovered for about 45 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the potatoes are crispy.
Note: The sweet potatoes cook faster than the white potatoes, so cut them into larger pieces.
Root vegetables are those that grow below the ground, like potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots and onions (all in this roasted vegetable recipe).