This salmon patty recipe is baked, not fried, which makes the salmon cakes healthier.
You can make this salmon cake recipe three ways: Baked in a loaf pan as a salmon loaf, baked in a casserole or individual ramekins or you can make salmon patties out of the mixture as in the image above.
The recipe was contributed by member Dianna, from Kitchener Ontario Canada. Thanks Diana. They look yummy.
Salmon burgers on whole wheat buns are great for lunch or an easy dinner recipe.
Baked Salmon Patty Recipe or Salmon Loaf
- 15 ounces canned salmon
- 2 tablespoons green onion, finely chopped
- 2 slices bread, fresh, processed into fairly fine crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 dash Worcestershire
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 2 teaspoons parmesan, grated
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- You can bake the mixture any of three ways: Place in a small greased casserole, baked covered at 350ºF for 45 minutes. OR Bake in separate ramekins, or as salmon patties. If using ramekins or making patties, reduce the bake time to 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let sit a few minutes before slicing or serving if you have made the recipe into a loaf.
Double the recipe to make a loaf for four, but the recipe serves 2 for brunch in individual ramekins just fine.
This salmon patty recipe is lovely with scalloped potatoes and fresh green beans. Serve it in ramekins or as patties with scrambled eggs and toast for brunch.
Find more great recipes like this salmon patty recipe here.
Subscribe to the site here and never miss a great recipe.
Like this recipe? I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment and your favorite recipe below.