Seafood pasta recipes are so perfect for entertaining, but they make a great special family dinner too.
This recipe calls for scallops and shrimp, but use just one or the other if you prefer. You can also use crabmeat.
Scallop or shrimp pasta is such a treat in my house, as I love seafood. I am quite sure this one will be a hit for you too.
Seafood pasta recipes like this one are such a nice change from heavier meat recipes. And seafood always pairs well with citrus, especially lemon, so this lemon cream sauce is perfect.
So whether you are entertaining or treating yourself and your friends and family to a fabulous dinner, this recipe would fit in nicely.
Scallop and Shrimp Pasta Recipe with Lemon Cream Sauce
- 3/4 pound shrimp, medium size, fresh or frozen
- 3/4 pound scallops
- 1/2 pound snow peas
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1 lemon, use an extra if your lemon is smaller and you need more juice
- 1 1/2 pounds fettuccini
- 1/3 cup butter, can be doubled
- 2 cloves garlic, can be doubled
- 1 cup whipping cream, can be doubled
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- To cook pasta, bring to boil a large pot of water with a tablespoon each of salt and vegetable oil. Add pasta about 15 minutes before serving. Boil vigorously until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- While the water is boiling for the pasta, prepare the sauce.
- Clean and deveine the shrimp. If the scallops are large, slice them in half. Cut the snow peas into 1 inch pieces. Seed and chop the pepper. Finely grate the lemon peel and set aside. Squeeze the juice from the lemon. Measure 4 tablespoons of juice and set aside.
- To cook sauce, add 1/4 cup butter to the frying pan. Melt it over medium high heat. Add the seafood and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the vegetables and stir fry for 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, remove the seafood and vegetables to a bowl. Cover and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan. Add the garlic. Drain all juices from the seafood and vegetables back into pan. Stir for 1 minute. Add the cream and boil vigorously, uncovered, stirring until sauce is reduced by half and thickened slightly. Stir in lemon peel. Gradually whisk in 3 tablespoons lemon juice. Stir in seafood and vegetables. Taste and add another tablespoon of lemon juice if you wish.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the cooking pot. Add the seafood sauce, salt to taste and lots of pepper. Toss over medium low heat for 1 - 2 minutes so the pasta will absorb a little of the sauce. Serve immediately.
- Garnish with bits of fresh dill or grated lemon zest.
Tips and Variations:
- Use all shrimp or all scallops and pasta if you prefer one over the other.
- This recipe works well with crabmeat as well.
- If you like extra garlic in your seafood pasta recipes, feel free to add as much (or as little) as you like.
- PLEASE make sure you salt the pasta cooking water well. If you don’t the pasta will be very bland tasting and you won’t be able to get it to really taste good.
If you like this recipe, I would really appreciate it if you share it on social media. Thanks.