Shrimp scampi sounds so gourmet, it must be difficult – right?
This easy shrimp scampi recipe will show you that fancy doesn’t mean difficult.
Yummy with garlic and butter, this decadent recipe makes great company fair, but is just as easy to put on the table for your family any night of the week.
You can start with raw or precooked shrimp. If you are using the precooked variety, cook them just long enough to heat them. Of course that will coat them with that wonderful garlic butter sauce.
This recipe isn’t as unhealthy as health gurus might at first think. The shrimp is a lean protein, the garlic is super healthy for us, and so are the olive oil and lemon juice. Use as good a quality olive oil as you can afford.
The shrimp scampi itself is gluten free and low carb.
Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 1 pound raw shrimp, large, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted, softened
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 4 - 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine, optional - see Variations below
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Place butter and oil into large sauté pan and heat to melt the butter. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add wine, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and the shrimp. Cook until shrimp turn opaque or pink, stirring occasionally. Stir in parmesan cheese before serving.
- This is great served over angel hair pasta (or steamed rice if you prefer).
- This sauce cooks so quickly that to time the recipe perfectly, start the sauce just as you add the pasta to the cooking water. If you are using fresh pasta, which cooks much faster, put the pasta in the cooking water just after you have added the shrimp to the saucepan.
Tips and Variations:
- I add chopped cooked asparagus to my shrimp scampi recipe and add the cooked pasta right to the pan with the shrimp. The pasta gets basted with that wonderful sauce and is even better I think. Just add a salad and dinner is ready.
- Some people say not to add parmesan cheese to a sauce with lemon. I say, it’s delicious – go for it. I add lots of parmesan cheese to this dish.
- If you don’t have wine or don’t want to use it, add an equal amount of pasta cooking water to thin the sauce a bit.
Subscribe to the site here and never miss a great recipe.
Click here to find our other fish, seafood and salmon recipes that are as delicious as this shrimp scampi recipe.
If you like this recipe, I would really appreciate it if you share it on social media. Thanks.
1 thought on “Shrimp Scampi Recipe”
Delicious Shrimp Scampi!
Originally submitted by Maria from BC Canada:
hi there, i tried this recipie its deliciosssssssssssssss very very good god bless u for sharing it with us.