Spinach Quiche Recipe 2013-05-20
Average Member Rating
(4.3 / 5)
10 people rated this recipe
- Yield : 1 - 9" pie
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat190
Spinach quiche, or quiche Florentine, is a wonderful vegetarian quiche recipe.
The spinach, cream, cheese and onion combination is wonderful and may actually get a non-spinach eater to the table.
Spinach Quiche Florentine
- 9" partially baked pie shell
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 2 packages frozen spinach, cooked, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
Melt the butter in a saucepan and sauté onions until tender.
In bowl combine spinach, onions, salt, pepper, nutmeg and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Beat cream and eggs together and combine with the spinach mixture. Pour into the pie shell, and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Try brushing Dijon mustard (or a mustard of your own preference) on the bottom of the pie shell before putting the filling in. It adds extra flavor.
Quiche recipes are so easy to make for lunch, brunch or dinner. They are perfect for a brunch or breakfast buffet. Add a salad and it’s the perfect light lunch or dinner.
The spinach and eggs in this recipe are both very healthy for us.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.