Strawberry Salad with Walnuts & Goat Cheese2013-05-20
Average Member Rating
(4.8 / 5)
6 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 10m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat174
This is a wonderful strawberry salad with walnuts and goat cheese added for a delicious twist.
There is something about the combination of goat cheese with strawberries that works perfectly.
The red strawberries against the green spinach or mixed greens makes for a very pretty salad.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses (available at Middle Eastern groceries)
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely minced shallot
- salt to taste
- 6 cups spinach or mesclun lettuce mix
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled (also known as chevre cheese)
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
For the vinaigrette dressing, whisk together the oil, pomegranate molasses, wine vinegar. Season to taste with salt and set aside.
Arrange greens on plates. Top with berries, drizzle with dressing and top with walnuts and crumbled goat cheese. Season with freshly ground pepper. Serve immediately.
- Don’t worry if you can’t find the pomegranate molasses. Just add the same amount of crushed strawberries and a bit of sugar (about 1/2 a teaspoon). It won’t taste exactly the same, but it will still be delicious.
You can replace the strawberries with blueberries if you wish.
This is a wonderful gluten free recipe and it is fairly diabetic friendly as well. If you want a strict diabetes recipe, replace the pomegranate molasses with something like stevia or coconut sugar. Keep in mind though that this recipe, with just 2 tablespoons of the molasses, serves 4, so that doesn’t add much sweet per serving.
The spinach, strawberries and walnuts are all so healthy for us. Each of them is listed in our top 10 healthiest foods to eat. Find our why here.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.