This stuffed pepper recipe is easy to prepare.
It fills the peppers with a tasty mixture of ground beef, onions, rice and tomato.
You can either bake the peppers once they are stuffed, or precook the peppers until they are almost tender before stuffing them.
Stuffed peppers are one of our easy dinner recipes and make a perfect weeknight meal.
Peppers are extremely healthy for us. The actually have lots of Vitamin C in them.
You can make this recipe even healthier by using ground chicken or turkey instead of the ground beef. Both chicken and turkey are leaner proteins than beef.
You can also replace the cooked white rice with cooked brown rice for more nutrients and fiber.
Stuffed Pepper Recipe with Meat and Rice
- 4 to 5 peppers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound ground beef, lean
- 3 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 cup cooked rice, hot
- 2 eggs, well-beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed, curry powder, dried herb or worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. Add and sauté the onions until lightly coloured. Add the beef and cook until browned. Add the remaining ingredients, including your seasoning of choice. Fill the peppers with the mixture.
- Bake about 60 minutes.
- You can precook the peppers by baking them in the oven for 15-20 minutes until they are almost tender. Put them in a baking dish, add a touch of water to the bottom and cover the peppers with foil to retain moisture. Then when you bake the filled peppers, just bake them for 20-30 minutes. Precooking the peppers shortens the baking time of the final dish.
- Using a rainbow of colors makes a beautiful presentation.
- When you clean the peppers, slice the top off across in a straight line as shown in the image above. The top of the pepper then becomes a “cap” that you can top the pepper with as it cooks. Serve with tops on or to the side.
Subscribe to the site here and never miss a great recipe.
Serve this stuffed pepper recipe with a tasty tomato salad on the side.
If you like this recipe, I would really appreciate it if you share it on social media. Thanks.