This Yo-Yo tea biscuit recipe was originally submitted to Cookingnook.com by Debbie from Derby W.A. Australia.
I have no idea what the name means, but they sure sound like a nice sweet tea biscuit recipe.
You can find custard powder in the baking aisle of the grocery store.
Yo-Yo Tea Biscuit Recipe
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup custard powder
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 5-6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Combine all the ingredients together using your fingers, till it is all combined together. Roll the dough into small balls and place them onto a greased flat oven tray. Using a fork, press them down lightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Take out and place biscuits onto a wire rack to cool right down.
You can put icing in between and put 2 of the biscuits together.