Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe with Broccoli2013-05-22
Average Member Rating
(4.3 / 5)
12 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat148
Our tuna noodle casserole has the addition of healthy and delicious broccoli.
I love one pot easy dinner recipes, especially those that are 30 minute meals.
Tuna casserole is a fantastic easy dinner recipe. Adding the broccoli into the casserole like this makes it even better. All you need to do is add a salad or a nice chunk of crusty bread and dinner is served.
I don’t cook with canned soups a lot, but this is one of those classic recipes that is just perfect every time. It is what it is. No need to mess around with it. Just enjoy.
Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 - 10 ounce package frozen broccoli
- 1 - 7 ounce can tuna, flaked
- 1 - 10 1/2 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 - 10 1/2 ounce can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 soup can milk
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips or crushed plain crackers
Heat oven to 450°F.
Cook egg noodles. Drain and set aside. Cook broccoli about 3 minutes, then drain.
Mix together noodles, tuna, broccoli, the soups and milk in a large baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the crushed potato chips. Bake 30 minutes.
Tips and Variations:
- Don’t like broccoli? Not a problem. Simply replace the broccoli in the recipe with an equal amount of frozen peas. I love it with either.
- Use whatever cream soups you like in this recipe. I have made it with cream of broccoli, cream of celery, cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soups. All turned out well.
Tuna casserole is a classic.
It is one of those Campbell soup recipes that we all love. Creamy and savory, crunchy on top, with that nice touch of green veggie in the broccoli.
Easy casserole recipes at their best are possibly the perfect comfort food.
This is a fantastic recipe for budget cooking too. A can of tuna, some noodles and canned soups. Add a bit of fresh broccoli or frozen peas and you have a very inexpensive dinner, ready in no time.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment at the bottom of the page.