Zucchini Bread Recipe2013-05-25
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
8 people rated this recipe
- Yield : 1 loaf
- Servings : 12 to 16
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 60m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat231
You can’t beat a good zucchini bread recipe for a taste treat the family will love. It is moist, delicious and easy to make.
The walnuts and raisins are optional. I love the walnuts for crunch and even more nutrients, but you can leave them out or substitute your favorite nut, like almonds or pecans.
Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
Sift flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon onto waxed paper.
Combine eggs, oil, sugar, zucchini and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat until well mixed. Add the flour mixture from the waxed paper. Mix until smooth. Add raisins and nuts and mix. Pour mixture into a greased 13x9x2" pan.
Bake at 350ºF for 40 minutes or until the center springs back when lightly touched with your fingertip or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into 12 to 16 pieces.
- This recipe can also be baked as loaves in traditional loaf pans. Use one large or 2 smaller loaf pans. You may have to bake the zucchini bread up to 10 minutes longer as the loaf pan is deeper. Check with a toothpick to make sure it is done.
- I would make this recipe replacing at least half of the white flour with whole wheat flour. It’s always best to sift whole wheat flour before using it in baking to ensure a nice light cake.
- If you are trying to cut down on sugar, and that’s not a bad idea for any of us, I would make it using 1 cup of sugar instead of 1 1/2. It will still taste great.
Zucchinis grow so easily, they are in abundance in late summer and early fall.
People who have gardens are trying to give them away as quickly as they can. Lucky you if you have a garden with these tasty vegetables, or have a friend with one. Grab them and make up lots of these quick breads for the freezer.
The raisins add an extra bit of extra sweetness.