Hash Brown Potato Casserole Recipe2013-05-08
Average Member Rating
(2.7 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 10
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat254
This is a delicious hash brown potato casserole recipe that I first received from my friend Vera when I was looking for easy party potatoes.
So naturally I call them Vera’s Potatoes.
They are so delicious that they get eaten completely every time I serve them!
- 1 - 2 pound package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups sour cream
- Special K cereal (or other plain cereal, like corn flakes)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Mix the potatoes, onions, soup and sour cream together in a large bowl. Place mixture in a greased 11"x7" casserole dish.
Spread a thin layer of Special K cereal on the top and dot the top of the casserole with bits of butter. Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese evenly over all.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Vary the recipe by using any cream soup you like. Make it a vegetarian potato casserole recipe by using cream of celery soup for example. Cream of mushroom is a bit too strong for this recipe I think, but that’s my opinion. You may love it.
- Make it a lower fat recipe by substituting low fat soup and sour cream. I would suggest using regular cheese, as low fat cheese will not melt the same.
Did You Know?…
If you are not feeding a group, or aren’t looking for leftovers (they make amazing leftovers), you can easily make 2 square casseroles instead of 1 large one, and freeze the second.
That way it’s an easy dinner recipe any night of the week.
This easy potato casserole is perfect for guests, on a buffet table or a take along to a pot luck dinner.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.