Oatmeal Cookie Recipe2013-05-13
Average Member Rating
(3.3 / 5)
16 people rated this recipe
- Yield : 4 dozen
- Servings : 48
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat37
This oatmeal cookie recipe is so good they are some of the best I have tasted.
These cookies are very easy to make and a healthy cookie recipe to boot.
See the tips and variations section below for delicious variations on this classic cookie.
Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Cream together butter, sugars, egg, water and vanilla using electric mixer at medium speed. Mix until light and fluffy.
Combine flour, soda and cinnamon. Add to creamed mixture, mixing on low speed until blended. Stir in oats and raisins.
Drop dough by heaping tablespoons full onto greased baking sheets. Press them flat if you want a crisp cookie, or leave them rounded if you like a chewier cookie.
Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes only until edges of cookies are golden brown.
- Substitute whole wheat flour for the all purpose flour to create an even healthier Quaker oats oatmeal cookie.
- Replace the raisins with chocolate chips for a decadent oatmeal chocolate chip cookie.
- Replace 1/2 the all purpose flour with oat flour to create a healthy oat flour oatmeal cookie recipe.
Oatmeal cookies are a real favorite of kids and adults alike. They are my all time favorite and welcome any time in my home.
Add 1/2 cup of nuts for extra taste and nutrition.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.