Stuffed Pepper Recipe with Meat and Rice2013-05-21
Average Member Rating
(3.3 / 5)
6 people rated this recipe
- Yield : 4 to 5 peppers
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:20 h
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat85
This stuffed pepper recipe is easy to prepare.
It fills the peppers with a tasty mixture of ground beef, onions, rice and tomato.
You can either bake the peppers once they are stuffed, or precook the peppers until they are almost tender before stuffing them.
- 4 to 5 peppers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- 2 well-beaten eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed, curry powder, dried herb or worcestershire sauce
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Melt the butter in a frying pan. Add and sauté the onions until lightly coloured. Add the beef and cook until browned. Add the remaining ingredients, including your seasoning of choice. Fill the peppers with the mixture.
Bake about 60 minutes.
- You can precook the peppers by baking them in the oven for 15-20 minutes until they are almost tender. Put them in a baking dish, add a touch of water to the bottom and cover the peppers with foil to retain moisture. Then when you bake the filled peppers, just bake them for 20-30 minutes.
- Using a rainbow of colors makes a beautiful presentation.
- When you clean the peppers, slice the top off across in a straight line as shown in the image above. The top of the pepper then becomes a “cap” that you can top the pepper with as it cooks. Serve with tops on or to the side.
Did You Know?…
Precooking the peppers shortens the baking time of the final dish. See the notes below the recipe.
Stuffed peppers are one of our easy dinner recipes and make a perfect weeknight meal.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.