Marinated Tomato Salad Recipe2013-05-22
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat84
This is the kind of simple tomato salad recipe my family makes a lot, especially in the summer when beautiful red tomatoes are at the peak of flavor.
Now, with the availability of heirloom tomatoes in the market, in beautiful shades of yellow, green, plum or streaks, you can use them to make absolutely gorgeous marinated tomatoes that will work perfectly with many meals.
- 4 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or use dried oregano)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
Arrange the tomato slices in a shallow container. Combine the remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour the mixture over the tomatoes. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for several hours if possible.
Just before serving, cut slivers of Parmesan cheese over the salad. It adds a nice rich touch. Or grate the Parmesan cheese if you prefer. You can also serve it as is, without the cheese added.
- Try this recipe using fresh parsley and fresh basil instead of the Italian seasoning. It will be absolutely delicious.
- This looks amazing done with heirloom tomatoes in a variety of colors and stripes.
- Try tomatoes of different shapes. Use sliced regular tomatoes and halved cherry and grape tomatoes for a different look.
- The touch of sugar is optional, but smooths out the dressing a bit. Leave it out if you prefer.
Did You Know?…
This recipe is also perfect for picnics or on a buffet table.
Tomatoes, olive oil and vinegar, especially red wine vinegar, seem just made for each other don’t they?
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.