This is a hot, savory and creamy artichoke dip recipe that can be spiced up to suit your taste.
It’s a simple recipe with few ingredients, but really packs a flavor punch.
Garlic and Parmesan cheese are paired with tender artichokes and baked in the oven.
Of course, there is nothing much that has garlic in it that I don’t think is wonderful, but combine it with marinated canned artichokes and some Parmesan cheese and what is not to like?
This appetizer dip recipe is so good that even those who swear they will never eat an artichoke will probably love it.
Our recipe for artichoke dip can be heated in the microwave or baked in the oven.
I prefer the oven baked method because the browned top is nice and crisp with the warm runny dip below.
Either way works well so choose the method that works for you.
Most dips are cold, so a hot dip is perfect as a party appetizer. Serve this on it’s own or as part of a mix of appetizers at your next party or holiday get together.
This dip recipe is a real winner for those who like artichokes. It is so easy to make and really packs a lot of flavor.
Serve it with crackers, wedges of fresh Italian crusty bread or some crunchy vegetables and enjoy.
Artichoke Dip Recipe - A Great Hot Appetizer
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounces canned artichoke hearts, drained and chopped fairly finely
- 1 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Spread the cream cheese over the bottom of a 9" microwavable shallow baking dish.
- Combine artichokes, butter and garlic. Spoon the mixture evenly over the cream cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute or until heated through. Serve with crackers, crisp bread, tortilla chips or pita wedges for dipping.
Oven Baked Method:
- Preferred method. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Follow directions above, but making sure you are using an oven safe baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbly and the top is browned.
- Add chopped jalepeno peppers for a spicy artichoke jalepeno dip recipe.