AJ, who originally contributed this recipe to cookingnook.com, calls his recipe breakfast “frosties”, but I would call them banana breakfast smoothies.
Here is AJs story: “I have lost 30 lbs in the last year. Healthy eating is the way to go. Would like to share this recipe that I enjoy. I lost 9 lbs in 2 weeks and had one of these frosties every second day. Wasn’t one bit hungry and was amazed when I got on the scale. I usually don’t loose more than a pound or so now and then. I think the calcium really helped drop those lbs.”
His tip is to slice the bananas beforehand and freeze them in a zip lock bag. Then they are at the ready any time you want one of these tasty frosties.
Whether you are looking for weight loss or just love a delicious and healthy breakfast smoothie (or any time smoothie), try this one out.
Banana Breakfast Smoothies
- 1 cup banana, sliced, frozen
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, small
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder, optional
- I often make this just with banana, however, for more protein & calcium you can add 1/4 cup of dry milk powder and or 1/4 pasteurized egg white.
- Pulse in blender or Magic Bullet just till done. 20 - 40 seconds depending on the machine. Eat with a spoon or drink with a wide straw.
Variation: Instead of the cocoa, change it up by adding 1/2 cup of your favorite berries. Blueberries, strawberries or raspberries all make healthy breakfast recipes.
Subscribe to the site here and never miss a great recipe.
Find more delicious ideas for breakfast smoothies here.