This is a delicious carrot salad with coconut and pineapple added for extra flavor and sweetness.
It’s a wonderful addition to a buffet table any time of the year and makes a perfect and easy summer salad recipe.
Because it is a bit sweet it may be a great way to get kids and picky eaters to eat their vegetables too.
Just mix this wonderful salad, refrigerate it and take it out when you need it. It’s a great do ahead salad that makes life that little bit easier on the cook.
That’s always my goal!
Take this easy salad recipe to a picnic or barbecue, or serve it on an every day family dinner night. It’s a wonderful vegetable side dish.
The bonus? It’s pretty healthy too. I would cut down on the sugar (or leave it out entirely), but otherwise the ingredients are all fairly healthy.
Coconut Carrot Salad
- 3 cups carrots, finely grated
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, or pineapple pieces, well drained
- 4 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, optional
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- In a medium bowl, combine carrots, pineapple, coconut and sugar. Add mayonnaise and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Take out the coconut and pineapple and replace them with a cup of raisins for a traditional raisin carrot salad.