This is a delicious and easy chicken breast recipe.
It is so versatile. You can broil it, use an indoor grill, or get out the barbecue and grill it outdoors.
No matter what the weather you can enjoy this easy recipe.
I love this chicken marinade recipe. First of all, it is SO easy. Just mix the marinade ingredients, let it sit for 1/2 an hour or so while you prepare the rest of the meal, then just grill or broil the meat for a few minutes before serving.
It’s not only easy, it has just the right mix of sweet and savory to add a yummy layer of flavor.
I think this is a recipe that you will come back to over and over again.
The added benefit is that it’s quite healthy too. You can omit the bit of honey if you want. The garlic, lemon juice and thyme are all wonderful for us.
Thyme Marinated Chicken Breast Recipe
- 8 chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the marinade ingredients and mix well. Pour the marinade over the chicken and marinate for 30 minutes in a non-metallic bowl.
- Grill the meat on medium heat or broil 3-4 minutes per side. Cook the meat only until it feels springy to the touch and the juices run clear when the meat is pierced.
- This recipe calls for chicken breasts but you can substitute the parts of your choice. The marinade works equally well with any cut.
- Never save any chicken marinade for another time or use it to baste the chicken. The marinade may have developed bacteria during the marinating time and won’t have time to cook out if you use it to baste while you are cooking the chicken.
This is a fantastic diabetes diet recipe. It is quite low in carbohydrates, even with that touch of honey. The honey is optional. Diabetics can have a bit of sweet, but if your body isn’t tolerating even this much honey, simply omit it. I do it all the time and it is still a fantastic tasting recipe – and without the sugar an even better diabetic recipe.
Subscribe to the site here and never miss a great recipe.
Look here for another chicken breast recipe, this one baked Italian style.
Like this recipe? I’d love you to share it on your favorite social media. You can also share a comment below Thanks so much.