This is an easy variation of a Mexican chicken enchilada casserole.
It is one of those Campbell soup recipes we all love because they are not only quick and easy to make, they are also fabulous.
Make It Healthier
Use whole grain tortillas, either wheat or corn, to make this recipe healthier.
You can also add more vegetables to create a healthy casserole recipe: Add sauteed mushrooms, chopped multi-colored peppers, even chopped tomatoes.
This easy casserole recipe comes together in minutes.
If you have leftover chicken (or turkey), here’s a great way to use it up. You can also cook the chicken breasts ahead and put it all together when you need it.
Everyone loves chicken casseroles and this is an easy dinner recipe that can be made up and in the oven in just minutes.
Mexican Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 4 chicken breast, boneless skinless
- 1 - 10 ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 - 10 ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can corn niblets, small
- 10 ounces canned diced tomatoes with green chilies, mild or hot
- 10 flour tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Boil chicken until cooked through. Drain and cool. When cool enough to handle, tear the chicken apart.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, both soups, and tomatoes. Mix well.
- Cut the tortillas into fourths. In a large 9"x13" baking dish layer tortillas, then chicken mixture and cheese. Repeat another layer or two, until chicken mixture and cheese are gone, making sure the top layer is cheese. Bake until it is heated through and the cheese is melted and hot, about 30 minutes.
- Great served with sour cream and salsa.
- Add more color with sliced black olives.
- You can also add 1 can of refried beans. Spread the beans over each tortilla layer, then layer the other ingredients.
Top it with some sour cream and our black bean salsa. Fabulous!
Subscribe to the site here and never miss a great recipe.
Try a wonderful cornbread with roasted red peppers with our chicken enchilada casserole.
Like this recipe? I’d love you to share it on your favorite social media. You can also share a comment below Thanks so much.
1 thought on “Mexican Chicken Enchilada Casserole”
Loved the Chicken Enchilada Casserole!
by Johanna R
(Brampton, Ont )
My family absolutely loved it! I did however make my own tortillas instead of the store bought ones, which automatically make it delicious. I also cooked the chicken in butter and added a verry generous teaspoon of chilli powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and s+p as well as a dash of allspice. Also the torillas were given a generous layer of refried beans with green chiles.
Love this Recipe!!!!
Love this recipe!!!! Really good when adding extras like chopped onions!!!
Chicken enchilada casserole
Ahhh it’s alright, I’d give it a 3. It was cheap, and did fill us but it wasn’t as good as I was expecting.
The Chicken Enchilada Recipe
by Margo S
LOVE your website. Happy to have found it. Made this recipe this week, pretty good! Next time I am going to use just Cream of Chicken soup and substitute the chopped canned tomatoes for 10 oz of a medium salsa.
Thanks for your help in sorting out meals during the work week!
You are quite welcome Margo.