This easy chicken parmigiana recipe was originally submitted by Stephanie Lawson from Lacombe, Alberta, Canada.
Stephanie says: I share this recipe with all my friends. Hope you like it!
Yes, I think we will Stephanie. Who doesn’t love chicken parm?
Serve this chicken parmesan recipe with a side of your favorite pasta and tomato sauce. Add a salad and dinner is ready.
It’s a personal preference but I would substitute Italian tomato sauce for the tomato soup. It gives a much more authentic flavor to the chicken parmesan. That said, suit your own tastebuds.
This recipe makes a great chicken parmesan sandwich too! Just add a thick slice of chicken parmigiana to a sliced crusty Italian roll or ciabatta roll, add a bit more tomato sauce and enjoy.
Easy Chicken Parmigiana
- 6 chicken breasts, large
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup oil
- 7 1/2 ounces tomato soup, canned
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 6 - 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with salt and pepper. Place your bread crumbs in another bowl. Coat your chicken in the egg mixture and then roll in the bread crumbs.
- On medium heat, cook the chicken breasts in a large skillet with oil for 1 minute on each side just so the bread crumbs are browned. Transfer to a 9" X 13" baking pan.
- Mix together the tomato soup, garlic salt, basil, melted butter and Parmesan cheese. Bring to a boil. Pour the sauce over the chicken, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, add cheese slices or grated mozzarella cheese and return to oven uncovered, for 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
Makes 6 servings.