If you like banana bread, you will love this chocolate chip banana bread!
Those chocolate chips really up the sweet factor in this delicious recipe.
It’s an easy to make snack cake or dessert recipe. If you are really watching your sugar intake you can cut back on the amount of sugar in the recipe a bit, but 2/3 of a cup for an entire cake isn’t too much.
This banana bread recipe was originally shared by Selena, from Canada. Here’s her recipe:
Selena says: “YUMMY! Made this for my bf and he loved it. So moist and so delicious.”
I love this sweet bread because it combines two of my favorite sweet treats – banana bread or banana cake and chocolate. Who doesn’t love that combination?
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 eggs, unbeaten
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup bananas, mashed
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Mix the sugar, margarine and eggs for 3 minutes. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, walnuts and mashed bananas. Mix together until all ingredients are well incorporated. Add the chocolate chips and stir to mix.
- Grease a regular size loaf pan. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Cool, slice and serve.
If you like this recipe, I would really appreciate it if you Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and/or leave a comment below.